Part Time Membership Services RepresentativeDubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, Dubuque, IA
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a areas of impact incliding YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
As a Membership Service Representative you will deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. You will also perform duties such as responding to member and guest needs, promote memberships and programs, and maintain cleanliness of the lobby area.
This part-time opportunity includes a free Y membership and a membership discount for the employee’s household.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL:
- Perform and provide excellent customer service skills by exceeding member expectations! Consistently greet every person who enters the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA (by name, if known) and recognize all members and guests when they leave.
- Engage in active listening with members and program participants in order to build relationships, understand an individual's goals and interests, and take the initiative to ensure the member has a positive experience.
- Answer phones, direct calls, and provide accurate information about membership and programs.
- Be knowledgeable about all YMCA programs and sell them effectively. This includes being familiar with all current brochure information, upcoming events and other special activities. If information is not available, be responsible for obtaining the correct information, updating front desk resources and providing information to members.
- Control access to the facility. Check-in members entering the building by scanning membership cards and obtaining proper identification of guests.
- Register for membership and/or programs, by inputting data in the computer, collecting the proper payment and verifying the accuracy of information on YMCA forms.
- Enter all transactions accurately and completely into the computer system. Balance all end of shifts and report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Maintain a supply of clean towels that should be available to members and guests at all times.
- Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe YMCA. Take initiative to clean up/repair areas.
- Be dressed in appropriate attire and wear a name tag at all times.
- Attend and remain current on all mandatory training and staff meetings.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual support campaign.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to actively listen.
- This person needs to be a self-starter, able to handle multiple tasks under limited supervision, work well in a team setting and be detail oriented.
- Experience with and knowledge of computers.
- Possess a positive and professional attitude.
- Have cash handling skills and the ability to reconcile shift transactions.
- A willingness to commit to the mission of the YMCA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:|
|35 North Booth|
|Click to Apply Now!|
Training And Development
|Years of Experience||--|