Maintenance - 2nd shift, $2,000 Bonus! Advancement Opportunities!Bodine Electric Company, Peosta, IA
Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors, and controls. Established in 1905, and still family-owned, Bodine Electric Company continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest CNC machining, winding, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs building and grounds maintenance utilizing carpentry and plumbing skills.
- Interacts with other departments to achieve production schedules and other company goals and objectives.
- Maintains accuracy of spare parts inventory.
- Creates, completes, and closes electronic work orders.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Assists the Senior Maintenance technicians as required
- Assists outside contractors and vendors as required
- Maintains plant mechanical and electrical systems.
- Occasional overtime
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows all departmental work procedures and company policies, including all company safety policies.
- Performs general housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Participates in employee training programs.
- Ensures the work area and equipment are properly maintained to provide a safe and efficient operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Knowledgeable in the use of information systems such as email, Microsoft Office, Visual PDM, 4th Shift, and MVP.
- Ability to maintain and install BEC mechanical systems utilizing pneumatics, hydraulics, and welding systems skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and other BEC process documentation such as machine electrical prints and hydraulic prints.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required.
- Fast-paced, temperature-controlled manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to materials and noise levels that are well within the acceptable limits set by Occupational Safety & Health Administration on an occasional basis.
- Personal protective equipment is required as instructed.
- Anti-Static personal equipment is required as instructed.
- Sits and/or stands for time periods up to 10 hours.
- Work is considered “Light Work” with occasional “Medium Work” from the Physical Demand Definitions of the Dictionary of Occupational Titles according to the Department of Labor.
Skilled Labor Trades
Inventory Control Systems
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (OSHA)
Personal Protective Equipment
Quality Management Systems
Standard Operating Procedure
Training And Development
Verbal Communication Skills
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|