A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Sign-On Bonus Included: $5,000 Bonus for a 2 year committment.
Work hours will be days. 6:45 am - 4:15 pm, for 72 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other departments as needed. This position does take call on nights and weekends.
Promotes and restores patients’ cardiovascular health by collaborating with physicians and the multidisciplinary team while providing physical and psychological support in a holistic manner to patients and their families. Performs various roles in the Cath Lab setting safely and sufficiently including but not limited to: primary assistant to the Cardiologist at the sterile table, and secondary circulating and monitoring.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited radiologic technology program
Bachelor’s Degree in Radiologic Technology
· Previous Cath Lab experience
· EPIC EMR system experience
· Apollo Documentation knowledge
· Permit to Practice from the Iowa Dept. of Public Health, Bureau of Radiological Health
· Current Radiologic Technologist certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or within three (3) months from date of hire.
· ACLS certified within 1 year
· Interpersonal/Communication Skills
· Customer Relations
· Comprehend written instruction
· Follow verbal instruction
· Basic computer skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Patient Education and Support
- Provides pre-, intra- and/or post-procedure education for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Instructs patients and/or families regarding examination, procedure, treatment, discharge and outcomes and allows time for questions.
- Utilizes visual/teaching aids as needed.
- Provides teach-back/return demonstrations when appropriate.
- Encourages family participation.
- Verbalizes where to find interpreter services.
Safety and Equipment Knowledge
- Understands and adheres to all safety practices (ALARA) while performing duties to minimize any risk of injury and/or exposure to unnecessary ionizing radiation.
- Maintains knowledge of patient equipment and therapeutic modalities utilized in the Catheterization Lab.
- Conducts and participates in procedural Time Outs and proper patient identification.
- Assesses the need for additional safety measures.
- Performs and provides nursing support in various roles within the Cath Lab and Radiology Departments.
- Makes independent decisions based on the knowledge of departmental functions, policies and procedures.
- Promotes the development, preparation, implementation and attainment of departmental goals, policies and projects.
- Communicates with the department supervisors as necessary when problems or unusual circumstances arise and documents as necessary.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage (as defined by departmental policy) for Cardiovascular Procedures.
Direct Patient Care
- Possesses/exhibits strong EKG rhythm interpretation skills.
- Provides leadership in emergent situations.
- Establishes a climate of mutual respect and trust.
- Maintains ability to perform in an assertive yet supportive manner when functioning with physicians in the procedural setting.
- Follows departmental and hospital infection control policies.
- Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner.
Work Type: Full Time Benefits
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:|
|Click to visit|
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certified
Basic Life Support
|Years of Experience||--|