Machine Operator 2 - SIGN ON BONUS OF $1,000Engineering Services and Products Company(FarmTek), Dyersville, IA
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up tools, appliances, machines, tube benders, band saws, drill presses, jigs, fixtures, press brake, robots, sheers needed to assembly or fabricate the product.
- Operate any of several types of automated and semi-automated machines that are used to produce parts and components.
- Select the right program on numerical control machines, press brake, robots or other machinery to produce parts and components according to drawing or blueprint specifications.
- Change fixtures out as necessary on the machines.
- Read and understand blueprints and other shop specifications/drawings.
- Load and unload material and set up machines for standard and for special production runs.
- Monitor machine performance and take preventative and corrective action as needed.
- Perform standard general and specific maintenance on production machinery as indicated by protocol.
- Accurately use micrometers, calipers, gauges and other measuring devices.
- Understand and use basic shop math and general machine skills.
- Verify settings by measuring positions and first article/sample pc.
- Conduct in process inspection of machined parts.
- Monitor feeds and speeds of machines during the machining process.
- Promote ESAPCO and build a positive team environment with co-workers.
- Mentor and help train new employees.
- Clean and maintain area and floor space containing the machines.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year of machine operation preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of general N/C and other machine protocol and manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of safety requirements and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
- Ability to read blueprints, work instructions, schematics and read a tape measure
- Ability to select programs on N/C machines
- Ability to produce parts and components from drawing and other specifications
- Ability to use tools safely and effectively
- Ability to handle production raw materials
- Skilled in using tools and equipment
- Skilled in following directions
- Skilled in problem solving
- Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
- Ability to read, following written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- One year of machine operation experience preferred
- Forklift Certification a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read and follow blueprints, interpret drawings and read a tape measure.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk, talk, hear, use hand and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fluctuating temperatures indoors from cooler to warmer temps. The environment can be dry, dusty, humid, cold or hot indoors and outdoors.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|