Metal Building DetailerEngineering Services and Products Company(FarmTek), Dyersville, IA
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Detailing and drafting parts for fabrication using AutoCAD and/or Tekla software
- Creating steel erection drawings
- Detailing of primary structural framing, framing parts and large assemblies and fabrication reports
- Entering and editing items in bill of material
- Preparing erection drawings using AutoCAD and/or Tekla
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of architecture or construction technology
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of construction practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to input, update and extract information from the company computer systems
- Ability to research problems and apply resolutions
- Skilled at data entry and retrieval
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Windows Suite
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Tekla software
- Ability to keep company information and documents confidential
- Strong math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be safety conscious and adhere to company safety policies, rules and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience detailing metal buildings, structural steel or other materials using 3D computer drafting software or 2D drafting software
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and other manuals as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office proficiently. Experience with AutoCAD and/or Tekla software
Other Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of construction and OSHA safety regulations preferred
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. May need to go occasionally to the production or warehouse environment and the noise level could be moderate.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (OSHA)
Tekla (BIM Software)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|