A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
We are looking for a PRN staff to work in our EVS department. Work hours will vary per required need of the department. As a PRN employee you will be required to work a minimum of (1) 8 hour shift per pay period, (2) weekends per year and (1) holiday per year. You will receive a 10% PRN premium for all hours worked.
Provides housekeeping services throughout the hospital, including daily cleaning of patient rooms (plus transfer and discharge), and precaution room cleaning, Duties include vacuuming, dusting, disinfecting, mopping, general cleaning and other related tasks. Also completes a variety of set-ups and special events per departmental requests.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Prior housekeeping/Environmental Service training/experience
· Prior experience in a patient setting
· Prior Customer Service experience
· Customer/patient focused
· Interpersonal skills
· Ability to read, speak and understand English.
· Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills.
· Ability to safely use a ladder.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Vacuums, sweeps, and dry- or wet-mops public and private areas.
- Properly performs high and low dusting.
- Operates walk-behind or riding floor scrubber.
- Operates trash compactor and box crusher.
- Cleans light fixtures & vents, and changes cubicle curtains.
- Ensures EVS cleaning carts, equipment and closets are kept clean and properly stocked.
- Handles soiled linen, trash, and biohazards appropriately. Safely delivers biohazard trash, pharmaceutical waste, and sharps containers to storage areas; labels and tapes boxes; and prepares for pickup.
- Cleans spills containing blood or bodily fluids as trained.
- Wears proper PPE as needed/required.
- Cleans assigned areas to department expectations.
- Follows proper lifting, pushing, pulling techniques.
- Communicates in a clear and positive manner with patients and families, as well as physicians and other clinical staff.
- Communicates regularly with coworkers between shifts.
- Effectively communicates with customers to provide a safe workplace – verbally and through proper usage of signage (“wet floor” sign, etc.) and to share information about the placement of furniture, equipment, and electrical cords during the project.
Technical / Administrative
- Effectively utilizes computer to complete assigned tasks through UPH interface system and check email, Intranet, and benefits portal.
- Completes daily schedule sheets and turns in at end of shift.
- Reports work orders to Maintenance or Biomed for broken equipment.
Work Type: As Needed
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:|
|Click to visit|