Part-Time Student-Software Test Architect-Dubuque IA (Partial Remote)John Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque - Partial Remote
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Software Test Architect-Dubuque IA (Partial Remote) - 78314
Onsite/Remote: Partial Remote Position
The position may be performed remotely during the school year. It will be required to be onsite at the Dubuque, Iowa, location during the summer or off semester at the discretion of the hiring manager.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
As a Part-Time Student-Software Test Architect located at John Deere Dubuque Works in Dubuque, Iowa, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of machine controls/software on John Deere's Construction and Forestry machines. This includes responsibility in architecting test approaches and creating comprehensive test plans to validate our current and emerging technologies. This role also includes test development and test execution in various environments including simulated environments (model-in-the-loop, software-in-the-loop and/or hardware-in-the-loop) as well as on machine operation.
The core responsibilities include:
- Analyze and approve software requirements
- Design test strategies, test plans, and test environments
- Plan, coordinate, and perform testing on the bench and on machine
- Develop the automation environment, test vectors, and scripts for automated testing
- Work with the stakeholders to resolve issues found during testing
- Provide team leadership for supporting domestic and internationally located engineers
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university
- Graduation date Fall 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to analyze and solve technical problems, including troubleshooting software, electrical and/or mechanical issues
- Demonstrated project leadership and/or decision making
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed mode
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and internationally)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with developing embedded software (design or test) including C/C++
- Experience with developing control systems (design or test) in MATLAB Simulink or similar
- Experience with electrical hardware, software, and their interaction with mechanical systems
- Experience with machine vision, advanced imaging, camera systems, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience with automotive/aviation/off road mobile equipment software development (design or test)
- Experience in software testing, tools, and processes such as unit testing, HIL, SIL, black box, boundary conditions etc
- Background in construction or agricultural equipment operations
- Pursuing an advanced degree in Electrical, Computer, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|