Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors, and controls. Established in 1905, and still family-owned, Bodine Electric Company continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest CNC machining, winding, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile financial information and maintain the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policy.
• Active role in the monthly and annual period closings. Responsible for the timely preparation of reports, analyses, journal entries, and reconciliations.
• Responsible for reviewing transactions and ensuring they are accounted for in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policy.
• Reconcile and process weekly payroll.
• Review inventory costing and analyze margins and variances.
• Maintain bank reconciliations.
• Monitor capital projects and reconcile fixed asset accounts.
• Interfaces with tax/regulatory agencies, banks, auditors, and company operations on financial matters.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
• Follow established procedures for record retention and maintain organized files.
• Maintain confidentiality of company financial information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Must adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to use BEC information systems such as Fourthshift, Kronos (payroll), and fixed asset software.
• May require knowledge of various state and federal tax laws or other regulations.
Experience and Education:
• Accounting degree.
• 1-3 years of related experience.
• Requires knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|