Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit health and human services provider, accredited by the Joint Commission, that assists children, adults, and families in need of help. In 2020, we delivered innovative, collaborative, and resourceful care to 30,648 children, adults, and families from 52 Iowa counties, 6 Illinois counties, and 4 Wisconsin counties in an effort to ensure they were safe, secure, and well. Our nearly 400 Hillcrest team members in 30+ programs served our clients while upholding our core values - Compassion for All, Trustworthiness, Collaboration, and Community Involvement. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Maquoketa, Clinton, Washington, Mt. Pleasant, Wapello, and Ottumwa.
Mission: Meeting people as they are today; Guiding them to where they want and need to be tomorrow. ~Help for today, Hope for tomorrow~
This is a student position for Spring or Summer 2022.
Come have fun and work with great people, while gaining real world experience in a professional setting and building your resume!
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
As an Accounting Intern at our Main Administrative Office in Dubuque, IA, your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciling petty cash funds bi-weekly
- Preparing bank reconciliations using established accounting software
- Updating various month- and year-end tracking spreadsheets in Excel and preparing analysis on these spreadsheets as needed.
- Computing and recording multiple monthly journal entries as requested by Staff Accountants
- Compiling and distributing monthly financial reports within the agency
- Assisting Staff Accountants in preparing the agency budget
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need
- Currently pursing an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data or information
- Able to project a friendly and professional demeanor
- Able to work well under pressure
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process. Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:|
|Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|