Continuous Improvement Engineering InternshipColony Brands, Inc., Monroe, WI
This listing has expired
Colony Brands together with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, are a successful, multifaceted enterprise consisting of numerous multichannel retail brands, several operational support companies and a portfolio of affiliate businesses. Headquartered in Monroe, Wisconsin, we deliver an array of products and services to our customers and clients. With over 90 years in business, Colony Brands, has become knowledgeable and proficient in what we do. Operational support subsidiaries and affiliate businesses provide marketing, consumer credit, collections, product sourcing, information technology, wholesale food and charter aviation. Together these provide business solutions and drive success for the entire enterprise and empower outside clients to reach their business goals.
Colony Brands is an empowerment enterprise. As an employee of Colony Brands, you’ll contribute to the success of one or more of the enterprise’s brands or companies. And, no matter where you apply your talents in the enterprise, or what your job description may be, you’ll be working with every other employee to reach one overarching goal: to empower our customers and the people in the communities we call home. We do this so that the people whose lives we touch, in the course of doing business, may live richer and fuller lives.
Learn more here: https://www.colonybrands.com/
The Continuous Improvement Internship will begin in January and end in May or August 2022.
What You’ll Do & Learn:
The Continuous Improvement Intern will complete a variety of assignments per the direction of Cheese Operations and/or Bakery management and assists in the coordination of various initiatives covering all aspects of manufacturing. Activities include data management, improving standards, production supervision, creating training material, establishing process centerlines, identifying waste streams/costs, performing time studies, statistical analysis, training employees, and creating/modifying production dashboards/metrics. In addition, you will be responsible for
• Monitoring production efficiencies and standards. Adjusting crewing/production as needed.
• Assisting with training of temporary workers. Helping them get acclimated to the working environment.
• Developing or enhancing Process Centerlines and training documentation to ensure long term success by determining optimal run settings and operating parameters for each product on each machine.
• Using problem solving, statistical analysis, and Lean Methodologies to gain more real-time visibility to improve performance, reduce waste, increase throughput, and ensure long term success with documentation and standards.
We’re seeking a student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Production/Operations Management, Engineering, or related major, in at least Junior Senior standing, (recent graduates may be considered) with a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher. To be considered, applicants must also possess the following skills:
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Solid oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate at different levels and to different personality types
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to proficiently document both processes and programs
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|