Careers. Powered By You.
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been empowering employees for over 100 years. Today, we have grown to over 150 locations in more than 25 states throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. We stock everything from lamps and light fixtures to industrial automation products and networking equipment.
The key to our business’ success is our commitment to our customers and employees. We value relationships and believe in contributing to the communities we serve in a positive way. Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees through total customer satisfaction.
If you're looking for rewarding career opportunities, you can also visit our web site at https://www.cesco.com/crescent_careers.html.
As the Corporate Paralegal at Crescent Electric Supply, you will serve as the point of contact for review and legal research for customer purchase orders, customer contracts, vendor contracts, and other contracts. In this role, you will leverage your knowledge of contract law to identify compliance with company standard terms and conditions of sales and quotations. Your effective communication skills will aid to draft correspondence, taking part in contract negotiations, and addressing questions regarding the contract's contents.
- Identify and implement efficiencies and other improvements to the contract workflows and tools.
- Interact regularly with other internal team members in Sales, Finance, Supplier Management, Senior Management, outside attorneys, and other related stakeholders throughout the intake, negotiation, and finalization of the contract lifecycle. Oversee agreement process through final signature.
- Renew and maintain various business entity filings for the company including but not limited to annual permits, business license renewals, and secretary of state filings in a timely manner.
- Provide potential backup for the recording of shareholder stock transactions and dividend payments.
- Work with legal counsel to provide documentation for litigation, mediation, arbitration, and response to complaints.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of contract law, research, and experience in negotiating and reviewing contracts is preferred.
- Legal research and investigation skills.
- Superb attention to detail, as well as organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office 365
- Work well under pressure, in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to think logically and analytically.
- Exercise confidentiality in all situations.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, and make continuous process improvements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal certification is a plus, but other appropriate educational backgrounds and experience will be considered.
- More than 2 years' experience supporting the contract review function.
- Experience working within commercial, for-profit companies.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent is transforming and we are on a mission to power the communities we serve through teamwork and relentless customer focus. We have a vision of uncompromising teamwork committed to becoming the industry leader for our employees, suppliers, and shareholders. At Crescent, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have the flexibility to balance your life's priorities. Let's serve together. Let's power our communities together. Let's become THE industry leaders...together.
Crescent Electric Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background checks, references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:|
|Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|