Lime Rock Springs Co. was founded in 1916 in Dubuque, Iowa by John C. Gantz. The name was derived from the natural springs on which the bottling facility was originally constructed. The company bottled a full line of flavored soft drinks under its own label until 1936 when Pepsi-Cola was added. The company has ceased producing at the Dubuque location and now sources its products from Wis-Pak, Inc. which is a multi-plant production cooperative servicing the company and thirty other independent Pepsi-Cola Bottlers within the Midwest.
Our portfolio of beverages includes many category leaders in areas such as soft drinks, still waters, sparkling waters, flavored waters, enhanced waters, sports drinks, teas, cold coffee drinks, energy drinks, protein drinks, juices, etc. Some of our brands are Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Crush, Schweppes, Aquafina waters, Klarbrunn waters, Bubly sparkling waters, Bubblr Antioxidant sparkling waters, LIFEWTR, Lipton Teas, Gatorade, Propel, Starbucks cold coffee, Bang performance energy drinks, Rockstar energy drinks, Dole, Tropicana, Ocean Spray, Muscle Milk, etc.
The company operates out of one warehouse located in Dubuque, Iowa servicing an area which includes Clayton, Dubuque, and Jackson counties in Iowa, JoDaviess county in Illinois, and Grant, Lafayette, and a portion of Iowa county in Wisconsin. The company employs approximately 70 people and has a delivery and service fleet of roughly thirty vehicles.
The company is independently owned and operated, and is the exclusive franchisee of PepsiCo within its area of operations. It has been operated by the Gantz family for four generations. Both the Company and the Gantz family have a strong sense of community and family members serve on the boards of various civic and charitable organizations in the community.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Accountant for the Finance Department.
Under general direction, performs a variety of complex accounting functions. Duties and responsibilities include:
Responsibilities for Accountant
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Reconciling/balancing general ledger accounts
- Running weekly/monthly/annual reports
- Prepare monthly financial documents
- Reconciling bank statements
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Projects or other tasks as assigned by the Controller
Qualifications for Accountant
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
We offer competitive pay with up to 2 weeks of PTO in your first year, paid Holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance and 401(k).
|Years of Experience||--|