For more than 80 years, we have earned long-term customer relationships by helping our customers and communities succeed. We believe that the communities we serve are not only the inspiration of our organization, but the purpose behind our existence. That’s why customers like you are at the heart of everything we do.
When you walk into any of our MidWestOne locations, you’ll probably see our mission statement prominently displayed. “Take care of our customers and those who should be,” is not only our mission, it is who we are.
The history of our bank begins with Ben S. Summerwill, or Grandpa Ben, as we lovingly like to call him. Summerwill founded Iowa State Bank & Trust in 1934. While the name of the bank has changed to MidWestOne Bank, we still operate under the same charter and are headquartered in the same location in downtown Iowa City. The story of why Grandpa Ben became a banker has become the bedrock of our company.
We passionately pursue success for our neighbors, and we support organizations that create opportunities in our communities. That’s because we believe the positive actions of each one of us contributes to the success of us all. The MidWestOne Foundation provides financial support for the arts, education, wellness, recreation and civic services.
While we started as a small community bank in Iowa, we have since grown to more than 40 locations across Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado and Florida.
As we continue to grow MidWestOne, we’ll need the help and commitment of outstanding people. Help us change the way people feel about their bank.
- Recommends appropriate retail accounts and services by explaining unique benefits to the customer in addition to features
- Informs customers of services offered by other business lines and connects customer to them when appropriate
- Processes all deposit, savings, and loan transactions including complex transactions (ie. CTRs, stop payments, overdrawn accounts, statement or transaction errors, account closing, etc)
- Actively uses bank technology and resources (ie. OnePops and OneView) to keep customer information current and inform them of additional ways we can meet their needs
- Resolves customer complaints and overcomes concerns related to deposit account transactions
- Assists customers with a variety of retail service needs including but not limited to:
- Personal ATM/Debit cards (ie. ordering and closing cards, resolving transaction errors, handling fraudulent transactions)
- Overdraft protection services
- Check orders and updating address and contact information
- Wires and other electronic transfers
- Establishing personal online banking services and assisting with basic navigation questions
- Assists less experienced staff with transactions as needed and is accountable for overrides processed with those transactions
- Locates and resolves offages for self and assists with other associates as needed
- Performs branch operations duties on a daily, weekly, monthly basis (ie. opening closing duties, balancing of accounts, completion of night drop and mail logs, etc)
- Actively participates in community events to demonstrate support for MWO culture
- Provides support and acts as a backup for basic account opening and ownership updates
- Performs other duties based on branch traffic and needs
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based incentives/bonus potential (incentives and bonus will vary depending on role)
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match with immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Employer provided group life insurance with option to purchase additional life insurance for you and your family members
- Employer provided long term and short term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental/Grandparent Leave, and more!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flex spending plan & Health savings accounts
- Additional Insurance options to meet your personal needs: Pet Insurance and Critical Illness and Accident insurance
- Student Loan Debt Reduction Program & Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Program
- Free banking services and other financial services discounts
- Take Your Dog to Work Day in June
- Employee Rally Day- a day of celebration and recognition!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:|
|Click to visit|
Automated Teller Machine
Critical Illness Insurance
|Years of Experience||--|