Outside Sales Representative (Acquisition Editor) - DubuqueKendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
Kendall Hunt Publishing is currently looking for an Acquisition Editor, also known as an Outside Sales Representative. This role requires the candidate to be located in Dubuque, Iowa and they must be able to work out of our home office.
It's your job to interview, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with your company by partnering with experts in their field. At Kendall Hunt Publishing, as an Acquisition Editor, you're the driver and decision maker. You call and travel to different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become Kendall Hunt authors. We want to partner with talented educators in charge of lower-level, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials that solve the needs of their students and can make an impact in their college career and in the difference they make in the world in the future.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve.
Characteristics of Who KH Looks For in an Outside Sales Representative - You are...
- A top performer that's used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven
- Comfortable and disciplined enough to work from your home office
- Someone who has "been there" bringing sales experience from any industry that will translate into success with us
- Someone who holds a Bachelor's Degree, and enjoys spending time on college campuses, because in this job, you'll be spending a lot of time on college campuses in your territory
- You must be able to work out of our Dubuque, Iowa office
- You must hold a valid driver's license - there is travel
Why Us? We Understand It's More Than Just a Job!
Choosing a career path can be one of the most important decision in one's life. Work is part of a person's identity. People need compelling reasons to remain at a job and a company day after day, year after year. As you consider a career change, we understand the benefits an employer offers are just as appealing as the job itself.
Our companies offers:
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for more than 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- Base pay, plus commission.
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance with company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Generous company match on 401(k) plan, as well as profit sharing
- A generous PTO policy, plus paid holidays
- Scholarship and tuition reimbursement
All applicants must have valid driver's license and a bachelor's degree.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|