Planning InternCity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Whether at City Hall or out on city streets, our employees serve our residents, businesses, and visitors every day. Join the City of Dubuque team to be part of a high-performance organization dedicated to the community and to delivering excellent municipal services. We are input-oriented, see problems as opportunities, search for creative solutions, and work as a team to accomplish goals and build partnerships. At the City of Dubuque, your work is meaningful and supports the community.
The City of Dubuque values its employees and offers competitive salaries and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings (IPERS)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance Coverage
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Longevity Pay Starting After 6 Years of Service
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Paid Time Volunteering
With positions in over 30 departments and divisions, your perfect career fit is waiting for you at the City of Dubuque. Ready to join our team? Visit www.CityOfDubuque.org/Jobs.
$13.34 (No Benefits)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of Planning Services staff, perform a variety of technical, administrative and basic professional City planning assignments related to land use, development, City planning and historic preservation; and perform other duties as assigned. Assignments are received both verbally and in writing. Work is performed according to general or specific instructions from a supervisor who inspects work while in progress and upon completion.
- Project specific work: preparing for and assisting with major projects, performing research and working with Planning staff and project partners.
- Perform administrative, technical and research tasks related to development services, city planning and historic preservation activities.
- Conduct research on development, planning and historic preservation issues and cases.
- Scan documents.
- Compile reports.
- Organize and distribute agenda packets for board, commission and committee meetings.
- Perform data collection, analysis and tabulation.
- Research potential impacts to historic properties.
- Perform GIS mapping functions.
- Participate in field inspections to prepare staff reports or conduct research.
- Responds to questions and service requests.
- Engage diverse citizens, partners and community members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Geography- Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life.
- Customer Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- City Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, executive orders and agency rules.
- Computer and Software – word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, scanning and GIS software; basic drafting, mapping and graphic skills.
- Analytical and Communication Skills
- Undergraduate coursework in planning, public administration, geography, architecture, historic preservation, or related field;
- Experience working with a diverse workforce and population;
- Or any combination of experience and training.
FLSA (OVERTIME) STATUS: Non-Exempt
For full consideration, submit an electronic City of Dubuque employment application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dubuqueia no later than December 14, 2021. Only applications submitted via the electronic City of Dubuque process will be considered.
The City of Dubuque is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This listing has expired
Geographic Information Systems
|Years of Experience||--|