Graphic Design InternKendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
Kendall Hunt Publishing is looking for our next Spring/Summer Graphic Design Intern. We are searching for someone who would like to hone their graphic design craft by designing creative materials for traditional media. This paid internship will be available for work through the spring semester and for the summer. Summer hours would range depending on projects, but you could earn up to 35 hours a week. At this time, we are considering remote candidates.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve.
What Does A Typical Work Week Look Like?
- Show off your graphic design skills, and gain many more, by helping create and design textbook covers. Yes, actual textbook covers that could be used nationwide!
- Help our design team conduct photo research for our covers and projects.
- Independently follow design instructions from authors and internal clients.
- Assist our Design Manager in organizing, prioritizing and implementing multiple cover projects.
Who We Need!
- Talented, and reliable, sophomores or juniors working towards a degree in graphic design, or related field are encouraged to apply.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Someone who can handle working independently on multiple projects, with a strong attention to detail.
- Someone who has a passion for creative thinking and can bring fresh ideas and designs to the table!
For consideration, please submit resume and 3 electronic samples of your work (jpeg or pdf) by e-mail to: HRDept@kendallhunt.com.
Kendall Hunt Publishing
4050 Westmark Drive
Dubuque IA 52002
This listing has expired
Graphic Design/Social Media
Adobe Creative Suite
|Years of Experience||--|