Software Developer, ApplicationsSedona Staffing Services, Lombard, IL
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
SQL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Position Summary (Purpose of job):
The immediate need is to lead an effort to deploy security agents to 9000+ Windows servers globally, utilizing automation and scripting as much as possible.
• Extensive ability to create scripts in Powershell (must-have).
• Experience with BladeLogic / Truesight Server Automation (very much preferred).
• Experience with Enterprise management tools (RemedyForce).
• Experience in large, varied, global environments.
• Full knowledge of ITSM practices, especially change management, and use of a CMDB.
Technical Skill Requirements:
• Must possess strong hands on experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, Security, Microsoft Clustering, and system backups/recovery.
• Familiarity with data center infrastructure, including wiring and cable management, and identifying UPS/Power and A/C requirements
• Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
• Ability to create scripts in Perl, Python, and similar languages.
• Experience with databases, patch management, and networks including LAN and WAN.
• Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup.
• Server administration–a high level of technical knowledge regarding Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance
General Skill Requirements
• Effective communication with fellow employees, immediate manager, and other department managers. Experience leading technical projects involving participants from multiple areas of the company. Solid written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work without direct supervision. Strong initiative required.
• Experience with project management and working with multiple departments and groups.
• Must be able to work after hours as needed.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills: interpret error logs, monitor system performance data, and assess user information to ensure server reliability.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, and work well in a group problem-solving situation.
• Information security: understand best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance information security
• Troubleshooting system and server errors.
• Provide Technical Support and Guidance
• Perform System Maintenance
• Monitor System Performance
• Responsible for configuring and troubleshooting OS and applications on server-class systems running Windows
• Responsible for installing, decommissioning, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all Windows server operating systems and network connectivity.
• Assist in identifying potential servers for migration and migrating servers and their services from remote data centers.
• Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems.
• Discussing system and server upgrades with IT managers.
• Installing or upgrading Windows systems and servers.
• Providing technical support for staff and back-end system users.
• Reviewing system error logs and user-reported errors.
• Monitoring and updating the Windows codebase.
• Managing user access.
• Maintaining server architecture security and creating system backups.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• 4-year degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years’ experience in Windows
• Microsoft certification is a plus
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
C (Programming Language)
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Intrusion Detection Systems
IT Service Management
Local Area Networks
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Cluster Server
Perl (Programming Language)
Python (Programming Language)
RemedyForce (Ticket Management Software)
SQL (Programming Language)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Verbal Communication Skills
|Years of Experience||--|