A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since its’ founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
As an HR Intern, your responsibilities will include updating our employee records with new hire information, screening resumes and scheduling interviews. If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in HR and getting a closer look of how our company approaches recruiting and employee development, we’d like to meet you.
- Screen resumes for open positions in our Dubuque IA location.
- Collaborate with hiring managers
- Conduct phone screens with candidates.
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates.
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Participate in onboarding new co-workers.
- Prepare HR-related reports and data metrics relating to selection, recruitment, turnover and retention.
- Address employee queries as needed.
- Assist human resource department with special projects.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the Human Resources field.
- Basic understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Outgoing professional attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office
- This position will have regular access to sensitive information and must therefore be able to demonstrate professional discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Prefer a candidate that is bilingual in Spanish.
- Work 20 hours per week through the school year.
- Work 40 hours per week from June through August.
Please visit our website to fill out an application and submit a resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Years of Experience||--|