"We are excited to announce the rebranding of Schieffer Co. International L.C. to PROPULSE™, A Schieffer Company. The new logo and name, ProPulse, more succinctly reflect our professional approach to high-pressure hose solutions,” comments Jeff Theis, Founding Member and President of U.S. Operations. “The tagline ‘Power Moving Forward’ identifies a direct connection to the fluid power industry and the momentum of our business model. Both represent precision, professionalism, vitality and strong progress. That’s exactly what we and our products stand for."
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Lippstadt, Germany, the Schieffer Group of companies is world renowned as the leader in innovative high-pressure hoses and fittings. The company’s commitment to the cleaning industry has made it a prominent leader with the experience needed to innovate new products and the flexibility to bring them to market. For more than 80 years, we have been placing our know-how and experience in the field of rubber and plastic processing at the service of our customers. A skilled staff of approximately 450 at Schieffer's production plants are engaged in satisfying the needs of our business partners in industry. Schieffer products and systems incorporate comprehensive know-how derived from our many decades of experience and from intensive cooperation with our partners in industry.
Its considerable investments in research and development, personnel, equipment and patents have the company poised to pinpoint the products and processes that need improvement, and then find and create the solutions that go above and beyond the current standards. Although the specific work and services performed by the different divisions of the company differ greatly, the application know-how and practical experience which we have acquired across-the-board enables us to offer our customers system solutions and assemblies made up of individual components form these special fields and thereby provide an optimum combination of advantages.
PRIMARY POSITION OBJECTIVE
The Account Specialists primarily handles the acquisition of new and current accounts. The role is responsible for analyzing, determining and planning a plan of attack to address the most crucial needs of the customer. It is the responsibility to carry out first-class customer care and service. The Account Specialist is responsible for coming up with a strategy to manage the accounts and set objectives for on-going account management. This role will interact and communicate with the clients on a regular basis to determine changing trends and preferences. The role will pro-actively research the dynamics of the accounts and “like” organizations and propose growth strategies for the client. This position will manage conflict and come up with effective negotiation and sales strategies. This role is often required to assist and provide back up support to our customer service team with daily functions such as order entry, customer follow- up, pricing updates and relaying ship dates, delays and/or other order related anomalies.
Responsibilities include the following and any other duties that may be assigned.
- Perform all aspects of the account management process, including (not limited to):
- Identify and understand the requirements of new and current customers
- Process daily transactions including quotes, orders, back orders, RMA’s, and deviations
- Establish and develop long-term relationships with new and existing accounts
- Maintain account management reporting through corporate CRM or excel
- Collaborate with engineering and material teams to create customer proposals, as needed
- Seek out and identify new business opportunities within existing accounts, initiating communication with decision makers to assess their needs and promote ProPulse® products or services.
- Track and forecast sales by customer, BOM, components, purchase orders and revenue
- Perform annual business reviews for management and customer enlightenment
- Prepare and present information to senior and executive level managers as needed
- Participate in sales skills training and corporate safety as required
- Support daily activity of the customer service group, order entry, customer contact, shipping issue, pricing updates, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are preferred of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
- The Account Specialist will need to employ good business skills, including sales and marketing and high-level Microsoft suite compatibility
- Strong negotiation skills and customer service
- Creative and critical thinking
- The ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
- High motivation, energy and discipline
- Good presentation skills
- Have a understanding of hose industry and/or ability to learn new industries
- Extremely organized to effectively work on multiple accounts at once
- Must understand the sales process and customer needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Most important, a successful Account Specialist must have excellent interpersonal skills, as the primary responsibility is to establish and build relationships with others internally as well as externally
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- College degree or equal experience with specialization in sales or marketing or equal work experience. (Preferred)
- Certification courses in software such as Power Point, MS Word, Outlook and MS Excel. (Preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For the most part the work environment includes ambient room temperatures, well-lit work areas and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the warehouse/operations area where certain areas of the warehouse require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear; or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ProPulse, A Schieffer Company is an Equal Opportunity employer and is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug and background screenings.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|