Green Industrial Supply is a privately held and operated company that has a vested interest in best servicing the customer. Our core business is in the procuring, consolidating, and sub-assembly for OEM markets which we have been servicing for more than 20 years. With extraordinary customer service, quality, and competitive pricing, we continue to experience growth and success.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc. is looking to increase our #1 resource - our employees! Our people are what have led to our success as we realize our vision of being the supplier of choice for our customer and becoming known as one of the best places to work in the Dubuque area.
It is the policy of Green Industrial Supply, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Green Industrial Supply will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Green Industrial Supply currently has an opening for a Supply Management Specialist in our PDP department. This position works closely with our customer base in the early phase of new product development by sourcing a wide variety of high quality, cost effective commodities, and kits.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for new and existing customers by building and developing a supply base for procuring commodities that maintain competitive pricing and high quality standards
- Responsible for quoting formal RFQs from customers and assist customers with informal quotes when needed
- Work with customers and suppliers on product specification, making recommendations to ensure a quality product at the lowest total cost and ensure design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner
- Make price adjustments as needed including vendor prices changes and customer quotes
- Resolve invoice discrepancies whether they are pricing, quantity, or receiving issues
- Identify cost savings and product enhancement opportunities within their product line
- Collect supplier information and establish purchasing relationship
- Develop new supply sources where needed
- Coordinate with customers to address any excess or scrap inventory concerns
- Maintain open communications, provide feedback, arrange and facilitate meetings as needed to establish and maintain a successful supplier relationship
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing, supply chain, order fulfillment or related field; 3-5 years preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in MRP and purchasing using SAP or similar system
- Strong computer application skills including MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
- CSCP, CPIM, CPM or CPSM certification preferred
- Experience reading prints is preferred
This position offers a competitive wage and a complete benefit package including 100% of the health, dental, and disability insurance premiums paid for by the company. If you are interested in an opportunity to grow and make a difference with a dynamic organization, apply now.
Green Industrial Supply, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|